Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tag Time!

Tags are wonderful things. You tag someone, and dominoes start falling across cyberspace. Wicked!

I'm picking up two tags here:

The first from Mahogany: "If you were to go on a trip alone (i.e., minus partner), where would you go?"
I'd go on a homage trip - either to Dali (because his work intrigues the heck out of me) or Scorsese (because he is an influence I cannot shake off).This would vaguely mean visiting places that let me experience what shaped these gents.
By the end of it, It'd be nice to have a sketch or a script outline that is my interpretation of their work's essence. Or not.
p.s. - I fully share Mahogany's sense of dread at planning a solo thing. And that's only half because I rely on my wife to get the trip running smoothly. How life changes. :)

The second from Makdee: "What are your Quirks?"
My quirks are mini-OCDs. From childhood (yes, that long ago), I have fond memories of mini-OCDs (Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders: seemingly mindless rituals or rules that you follow in everyday life, without which you feel uneasy). Google this.
Samplers:
1. If I must walk on a tiled/striped/striated floor, I must place my steps in the spaces between them. Never on them. No part of my foot, shoe or line of sight through trouser fabric, ideally, should touch the lines/borders. This has become much milder now, in old age.
2. As I walk out the door in the morning, the first step I place on the outside ground must be my right. This is part superstition, part OCD. Deliciously grey.
3. Specific hand/foot actions must be in even numbers, in even number of sets, must begin with the left and (therefore) end with the right. These again, are now few and far in between.

Some non-OCD (I think!) examples:
4. Writing my name on page 10 of every newly acquired book, textbook and exercise book (how Hindi-medium school-ish, I know). 10th of March is my birthday, by the way. The variation on this is making a full signature on aforementioned page (how Hindi-medium schooler admitted to English-medium secondary school-ish, I know).
5. Writing painfully detailed to-do lists, even seconds before executing the first task on it. Truly therapeutic. Try it!

And, in this spirit: Ganji (of footnotes shame), Sudha (of Mystic Pizza fame), Sumedha (of the Quirky Quill connection) - you have been hereby tagged. Choose one (or both) from the above, and do your bit of sneezing in blogosphere!

Haa-choo!!

3 comments:

unpredictable said...

http://unpredictable-mystic.blogspot.com/2007/09/quirks-anyone.html

Already done :) Ill do the other one this week :)

gajman said...

clearly you don't read the blogs of ppl you tag. WHAT A SHAME!!! already done the quirks. Will do the other one this week!!!

Quirky Quill said...

ShrekD,that's a hattrick. I paid homage to my quirks 3 days back.hmmph!
The other one-I think that trip's done-the post shall follow.